Release Date: Fri Jan 13 2023
Databend v0.9.0 was officially released on January 13, 2023! Compared to v0.8.0, we have made more than 5,000 commits, 700+ optimizations and fixes, 4,347 file changes, and 340,000 lines of code changes in v0.9.0. Thanks to all the community partners who participated and to everyone who made Databend better!
Key Features ✨
- Brand new type system
- Implement the Rust version of JSONB
- Full support for JOINs
- Support for cost-based optimizer
- Native Storage Format with
- Efficient bloom filter filtering
- Designing and open-sourcing serverless DataSharing protocol
Important Improvements 🎉
read_parquetsupports reading local parquet files directly without importing
- Commonly used function performance optimization, commonly used GEO function support
- Distinct performance optimization
- Adaptive String HashTable
- SQLancer integration
- Parquet reading acceleration
- The previous python version sqllogictest was rewritten to use Rust
- NDJSON and JSON output format support
- ALTER TABLE supports recluster
- Support hyperloglog update and delete:
- @xychu made their first contribution in
- @junaire made their first contribution in
- @zenria made their first contribution in
- @rdettai made their first contribution in
- @guzzit made their first contribution in
- @miles170 made their first contribution in
- @TszKitLo40 made their first contribution in
- @eliasyaoyc made their first contribution in
- @kemingy made their first contribution in
Try Databend Now!
Databend is available on a variety of Linux platforms and macOS. Clickto open the release page on GitHub, then select and download for your platform.
To deploy Databend, follow the Deployment Guide.